If you like to ride your bike but you hate the forever changing Ohio weather, there is a solution. A new indoor bike park has opened up in downtown Dayton. Mike's Bike Park as we affectionately call it, has officially opened its doors. There is more to this place than just bicycle riding though.
Mike is a community-minded guy who realized early on that this bike park could not be successful without the help of the nearby neighborhoods and local businesses. The bike park was built with the help of numerous volunteers, several sponsors, and generous donors who donated $1 or more through an online fundraising site. Mike had the vision to bring this one-of-a-kind Dayton gem alive. Here is a short list of what exactly the bike park has to offer:
- Free Wifi - to help kids do their homework and keep parents entertained when not riding
- Lounge area/picnic tables - to take breaks and have a hangout spot
- TV screens - so people can watch riders do cool moves or parents can keep tabs on their youngsters
- A beginner area - for little ones and newbies to grow up into the sport
- Bike rentals - in case someone doesn't own a bike
- Bike helmets - because not having one is a big no-no at the park
- Repair station - to make a quick adjustment or troubleshoot a bike issue
- Skills area - to work on balance, bike control, and challenging maneuvers
- Pump track - a workout for sure, but oh so fun rolling up and down!
- Ramps - for riders looking to challenge themselves
This place is doing theme nights for ladies and first responders on different days. Get to the park and get on a bike. It has a friendly, non-intimidating vibe so what are you waiting for?
Mike's Indoor Bike Park
1300 E. First Street
Call (937) 963-2366
Mon - Fri: Noon - 8 PM
Sat - Sun: 10 AM - 8 PM